If you don't own Dread, go buy Dread.
We played last night, using the setting of the Engel RPG, as I discussed in my previous post. Everyone filled out their Introductory Inquisitions--the little handwritten survey journals I put together for the game--and after an overview of the game, the setting, and reconciling a few character powers, we hopped right into it.
This time around, my fantastic cast consisted of:
Rogziel (Liz Courts)
* Who has skin like stars.
* Who shines like the sun.
* Who debates with fists.
* Who bears the Eye of Iblis. (Whatever THAT meant!)
* Who stands in front.
Zophiel (James Sutter)
* Who knows the thoughts of mortals.
* Who got a face full of bug swarm.
* Who speak English.
* Who carries old women into danger.
* Who smites traitors.
Pahadron (Cosmo Fallacy)
* Who knows the fears of men.
* Who perfected fly-by soul searching.
* Who swings a mean yo-yo.
* Who gets bored on guard duty.
* Who isn't afraid to choke out a 12-year-old.
Israfel (Judy Bauer)
* Who fears no belfry.
* Who knows the deceits of the Sons of Albion.
* Who has her own sneaky methods.
* Who shouts down both buildings and bugs.
* Who sacrificed herself to save the day!
As for what got us these characters, Dread uses a survey method of character generation. These were the Engel themed ones the players got in their survey journals.
Introductory InquisitionThe Urielites are the eyes of the Angelitic church and aloof guardians over His flock. Despite this, what part of human life do you secretly wish you could share in?If you could live outside the Urielite Himmel at Mont Salvage, where would you live?Why are you the first person your brethren turn to in a crisis?How are you better than a human?What weapon or instrument do you practice daily?Despite it being heresy to possess such an item, what is the one piece of pre-Flood technology you always keep on your person? Why?Last week you skipped mass. Why?When was the last time you bled? Why?Your potestates, the tattoo-like manifestation of His power in you, grant you a remarkable ability. What is it?You are blessed to share a name with a legendary engel who you seek to emulate. What is your name?
Oh, and I found appropriately themed cider.
So that's the gist on the characters. Tomorrow I'll get into the details of the game itself.