Mass Effect Session 3 Highlights
* Had sassy times with a gray smoke zombie security chief.
* Almost getting mutinied against after getting the gray-lung. (And almost making a run for it, but decided to instead down a gallon of medi-gel.)
* Tried to make friends with a roboplegic.
* Sniped a nascent techno-god’s corpse.
* Overall Adventure Achievement: Precision Damage Dealer! Took down half a holographic projector pillar and multiple zombies in a single hit!
Sathar Vrusk, Turian Monk-Zen Archer (Rob McCreary)
* Almost mutinying, pulling a rifle on the captain after he was “compromised.”
* Used his grapnel to help allies clamber to the top of the lift, avoiding a goo dip.
* Combat healed Talos, dropping medi-gel on him even while getting pummeled by goo tentacles.
* Totally not bragging that he was of the one race immune to the goop.
* Overall Adventure Achievement: Total Damage Dealer! Spraying anything that moved with a hail storm of bullets resulted in the highest total damage dealt.
Cerise 7, Asari Bard (Erik Mona)
* Writing the lyrics of the galaxy’s new #1 hit: “Three Heads!”
* Despite much of it having to get skimmed over, hit on the vast majority of the session's relevant clues and put together the gist of what had happened.
* Smooth talked a giant disembodied holographic god head.
* Used up every spell and round of bardic performance to get the party through in style.
* Overall Adventure Achievement: Space Sleuth! Between investigation and well-reasoned theories, she most accurately unraveled the station’s mysteries. (Bonus Achievement: Infinite Entendre)
Gippy Consuelo, Salarian (James Sutter)
* Scouring zombie corpses with a fine mist of acid spittle. Pfffffhhhh!
* Blew up the greatest amount of secret lab technology with fire bombs.
* Blasted a hole in the lift’s ceiling, allowing others to climb to safety while condemning himself to goo wading.
* Turned gray-goo traitor! But had bad aim.
* Overall Adventure Achievement: Flames of Freedom! Blew the most things up, all the while giving voice to the plight of the galaxy’s oppressed. Viva la Gippy!
Talos, Quarian (Andrew Vallas)
* Unmuted the station-wide quarantine alarm, revealing that someone/something still had control of the computers.
* Liberated (sort of) a creepy robot science experiment.
* Was the persistent target of a single-minded zombie sniper.
* Revealed the techno-deity’s weakness!
* Overall Adventure Achievement: Station Breaker! Between computer hacking, lock picking, and bombs nothing technical in the station was left with its wiring intact.
A HUGE thanks to James Jacobs, Rob McCreary, Erik Mona, James Sutter, and Andrew Vallas for being such a fantastic group. Impossible to pin down, but a fantastic group who made running a third session well worth the wait.
Next time, a few observations I took away from last night, and a bit later this weekend all my notes and handouts for anyone who might like to run a Mass Effect skinned Pathfinder game of their own!