Monday, February 4, 2013

Episode 4: Impromtu Episode!

This week on Erratic Episodes it's time for an Impromptu Episode! All weekend I was debating what to run next: Something planar? My favorite adventure from Dungeon? Another Dread game? Option paralysis ended in indecision and I ran out of weekend trying to decide.

But Project Lobotomy was super complicated, so I deserve a bit of a break right? Right. So I was thinking maybe something more on the board game side of the roleplaying spectrum, which would allow me to get some players into the game who don't usually go for all the word math and funny voices.

You know what would be perfect?! Dragonstrike! Let me see if that video is online...


You know what would be perfect!? NOT Dragonstrike! Ooof is that rough.

If that's not the way, then what? How about something that I actually loved as a kid. Something that I played until the color wore off the dice. Something that started me down the road of painting miniatures. Something that I spent a whole summer coming up with new adventures for and, though I didn't realize it then, was the start of my game design career.

How about HeroQuest!

Tomorrow is the first adventure in a two-part Erratic Episode, delving into the deadly dungeons of the HeroQuest world. It might not exactly be an RPG, but there's a screen, monsters, magic, and character sheets, so it's close enough! This time around we've got an entirely new crew of Paizo players:

Erik Keith
Sonja Morris
Jessica Price 
Sarah Robinson

Check back later this week to see how far Barbarian, Dwarf, Elf, and Wizard make it in session one; who survives against orcs, gargoyles, femurs, and worse; and, most importantly, if the nostalgia holds up! Tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment